Approved Admissions accepts batch import files in CSV, XLS, and XLSX formats. Please see the linked example.csv file for the format description.
- Column names and their order must stay the same as in the example file
- Each row in the batch file generates one verification transaction for a patient. If you need to verify both Medicare and Medicaid, you must include two rows for the same patient, each specifying a different transaction type.
- A valid schedule in the "Recurrence" column will generate email change reports for changes detected between the scheduled runs.
- To update the list of patients in the batch, re-upload the file with the same name. To stop the schedule from running, either:
- re-upload the batch with "eof" on the first line, and no other lines
- re-upload the batch with a blank "schedule" column. This will generate one last run and will stop recurrence.
- delete the batch
- Column descriptions and values:
- ID (Required) – a value unique to each patient across all your batches (Patient ID). If you export from a billing system, then a unique per-patient Customer ID could work. We use this value to detect whether a new patient was added or removed from this file. You can have multiple lines in the same file for the same Patient ID – for example, one line for Medicare and one line for Medicaid transactions. Format: alphanumeric string up to 16 characters long (using A..Z, a..z, 0..9, "-"characters);
- FirstName (Required) - first name of the person, may contain special characters, for example: '
- LastName (Required) - last name of the person, may contain special characters, for example: '
- BirthDate (Required for Medicare and HMO, Optional for Medicaid) - date in format MM/DD/YYYY
- Gender (Required for Medicare and HMO, Optional for Medicaid) - M or F
- Medicare# (Required for Medicare, Optional for other types)- MBI. Required for Medicare verifications
- Medicaid# (Required for Medicaid, Optional for other types)- Medicaid member ID, Required for Medicaid verifications
- SSN (Optional) - in format NNNNNNNNN
- NPI (Required) - Facility NPI number for the patient on this row. You can have patients from many facilities in the same batch file. Format: NNNNNNNNNN (10-digit number). NPI must match the one on file for the facility in Approved Admissions
- State (Required for Medicaid, Optional for other types) - Medicaid verification state. Based on this, we know which Medicaid provider to check the results for. Format: standard two-letter state abbreviations (NY, CT, CA..).
- Start/End (Optional) - can be empty. These can be used to specify the SoS/EoS eligibility period. If omitted, the platform will use the default range of dates based on the payer.
- VerificationType (Required) - Should be set to Medicare, Medicaid, or HMO. If you need to verify more than one type, then please include a separate row for the same patient with a different VerificationType but the same Patient ID
- Not used (Optional) - should be left empty; for future use.
- Schedule (Optional) – defines the schedule for recurring verifications. Possible options:
- Empty – one-time verification
- 2xWeek – verifications twice per week on Monday and Thursday
- 5th25th_Month - verifications twice per month on the 5th and 25th of each month
- Daily - verifications every day
- 1st_Month - run verifications once every month on the 1st
- 5th_Month - run verifications once every month on the 5th
- Expiration (Optional) - should be empty; for future use
- OutputFormat (Optional) - should be set to "delta" for recurring verifications or left blank for one time
- PolicyNumber (Required for HMO, Optional for other types) - Policy number for HMO verifications
- HMOProviderKey (Required for HMO, Optional for other types) - identifier of the HMO payer to use for the verification. Can be found in the column "AA payer ID" of List of payers supported by Approved Admissions
- OutputDetails (Optional) - leave blank, for future use
- FacilityID (Optional) - AA facility ID, may be used instead of NPI number
- Record validation. We validate each row of the batch file against the following sets of criteria:
- If the payer is Medicare, one of the following combinations must be provided:
- First Name and Last Name and DOB and Medicare #
- If the payer is Medicaid, one of the following combinations must be provided:
- Medicaid #
- First Name and Last Name and DOB
- If the payer is HMO, one of the following combinations must be provided:
- HMO Policy #
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article